Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend (4/4 and 4/5)

Yesterday we went on our one day “mystery tour” with Radu. We didn’t want to go to the monasteries, and we went to Transylvania last week, so we had him set up a different trip for one day for us. We went to a town called Piatra Nemt, which is about three hours away. It was a beautiful town, and the day was beautiful (in the 70’s) which also helped. We looked at a couple of historic sites, got gelato, took a cable car over the city to the top of a hill, drove by the zoo and saw a lion, went to lunch, got more gelato, then headed home. It was a perfect day to be walking around, and the one day was a good break from Tutova, but not tiring like a full weekend.

Today I got up late, and relaxed in my room. It is hot out again, in the 70’s, unfortunately I couldn’t open my porch door, but I got the little window open. I had an omlette for brunch around 12, and when I was going back to my room I ran into some of the other volunteers. Jane had come back to Barlad (bringing treats for both the kids and the clinic dogs), and Michelle had found good ice cream at the Tiff Market down the street. Jo An joined us and we went back up to the restaurant for everyone else to eat. I thought about going to the clinic this afternoon, but I am still pretty tired, so I decided to rest instead. I walked over to the Tiff Market to look for flip flops, but I couldn’t find any normal ones, so I came back to the hotel. I can’t believe this is already my last week!

No comments: