Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day #3

I went a bit late to the clinic this morning, so by the time I got there most of the children were already playing. I decided that since I had extra time, I would take Maria Cleopatra into the hallway. I asked Dan if I could, and he was skeptical that I could do it since she's heavy, but I picked her up and we walked around for a minute and then sat in one of the chairs by the changing table for a change of scenery (there were lots of kids in walkers to watch/listen to). Her head has gotten probably twice as big as last time I was here. Then I put her back in her crib in time to help feed the non-isolated non-mobiles, including Gabriela, Daniela, Marius, and Petre. I paid a quick visit to the mobiles and was mobbed by Ionela, Andreea, and Mihaela. After lunch I manned the runny nose isolation room, which includes Andrei, Ion, Alina, and Cristi. I put a blanket on the floor so we could play, and they were happy other than during bottle time. It got extremely hot in there with the door closed though, so I took off their sleepers and opened the door part way. At the end I went in to visit Ema and Ionutz for a while. I had held Ema after lunch and she was stiffer than ever, but by this point another volunteer had gotten her to loosen up a lot and she was sitting in her lap with her legs bent even (with support). I picked up and played with Ionutz. We changed him to a new outfit, then I held him up to the window for a while, which he liked. And of course tickled him since he is very ticklish. Tonight we went out for dinner in Barlad, and had a trip to the grocery store.

1 comment:

Steve Wenzel said...

Caroline: Thank you very much for your updates and pictures of all our children. Hoping you, Jane, and the rest of the team have a rewarding time at Tutova. Steve