Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 28 Videos

Today I spent the afternoon at the clinic after sleeping in and resting all morning. All the children were in bed, mostly asleep, when I arrived, so I went around to visit those who were awake. I also moved Alex into the preschool room because she was awake and bored in her crib. Then bottles came and I fed the babies and Alina. They all had propped bottles, which doesn't work very well for kids like Daria, who has a cleft. After bottle time I went outside with Alina and we called my mom together. Alina was a bit shy on the phone, other than trying to lick and hit it, but she was definitely interested in the fact that someone was talking to her through it. Then I went inside and spent the rest of the time in the mobile room with eight kids between 11 months and 5 years old. They were surprisingly well behaved, other than Andreea. She was pinching, pulling hair, screaming, and sitting on other kids, so I had to try giving her a timeout. We danced to a Spanish music CD that was in the CD player, some of those kids have good moves! Then they played independently and I went around the room to give some one on one time to each child. Andreea did not like this, and would try to push all the other children off my lap. I made sure to spend some extra time with both Sammy and Andrei since they will be leaving the clinic soon. I tried the OT skin brushing and joint compression with Sammy, and it really relaxed him, he loved it! He especially liked the brushing as he likes rubbing his hands on things with rough textures. I put all the big kids back to bed around five, then went to the other rooms to visit the kids I had not seen yet. The hotel is having a big wedding paty tonight, so I ate dinner early, and am now relaxing and planning on going to bed early. Here are some videos from today:

Mobile Room


Celine


Alina


Andreea


Andrei


Daniela


Ion

1 comment:

Evan said...

Good to hear you are getting some rest! I had heard Sammy was going to the place for children with disabilities but where is Andrei going?