Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pa, Petre!

Petre left for home this morning. We heard mixed reviews about the conditions of his house. His parents didn't seem to know what to do with a child, and the photo journalist said that was evident when they got home. Luckily we sent home lots of clothes, food, and toys with him! The parents did not seem to like us, and gave us looks for playing with Petre while they waited. Then when we went out to walk them to the car the mom shooed us away. Luckily the aide Nicoletta went with them in the car, which probably helped Petre!


Trying to hide!



3 comments:

Daddy said...

Breaks my heart to hear that sweet Petre is going home with a bunch of grumps, and possibly to parents who don't know how to give him the happy home he deserves. What a wonderful child; I'll hope and pray for the best, and know you guys will also! I can't imagine that place without the laughing, crying, tantrums, glee, uncontrolled joy, wonderful aides, wonderful volunteers... I wish I could be there with you, Caroline. I know this must be so hard, and so sad... And I will continue to hope and pray that things work out for the best for every single baby, and that you get to see them in their news surroundings soon!!

Anonymous said...

absolutely heartbreaking!!! do you know if he was sent home with the fleece blanket I made him? Or were any of the kids able to take their fleece blankets with them? Thank you so much for writing about this. I couldn't even imagine what it must be like over there for you and the volunteers and staff.

Becky (April-May 2010)

Caroline said...

Which blankets had you made? The big fleece ones (with two pieces tied together with fringe around the edge)? Most of the toddlers went home with those, as they had been on the toddler beds.