Friday, March 25, 2011

Prayers For The Tutova Clinic

As most of you know by now, the Tutova Clinic will be closing in the upcoming months. The government has decided to shut down many Romanian hospitals, and ours' is one of them. It will then be turned into a facility for the elderly. The children will be sent home, to foster care, to the city hospital, to a placement center, and to a facility for older children with special needs. The staff, many who have worked here their whole adult lives, will be out of work. As you can imagine, this has been a very difficult time for everyone involved. Our local host has asked that everyone who is willing and able, pray for the children and the staff on Sunday at 7 p.m. Romanian time (12 p.m. EST). Please comment on this post if you are able, as we are encouraged by the numbers of people praying! Below you can see the current faces of the Tutova babies:

Andrada (7 months)

Nicoletta (17 months)

Alexandra (8.5 years)

Ionut (3.5 years)

Celine (3 years)

Andreea (2.5 years)

Maria (5-6 months)

Ana Maria (12 months)

Ion (3 years)

Petre (23 months)

Paula (4.5 years)

Maria Cleopatra (2.5 years)

Raul (18 months)

Cristi Daniel (4.5 years)

Gabriela (3 years)

Andreea and Roxana (2 years)

Alina (3.5 years)

Marius (3 years)

Daria (19 months)

Clinic Playground

Laundry Section

Tutova Clinic

*A special thank you to the "lurkers" who are coming out of the woodwork to support us!

14 comments:

Jaimie said...

I've been lurking on your blog for awhile now and haven't commented (sorry). I am sad to hear that the clinic is closing. Although I'm not terribly familiar with Romanian care, I can't imagine that the majority of the places they could be sent will do any good for them. Do many of the kids have a home to be sent back to? Is the trip you are on an extended one?

Thanks :)

Daddy said...

Count me in for extra prayers Sunday night for both the children AND the wonderful Romanian caregivers AND the GV volunteers... I feel so fortunate to have spent 2 weeks with you and the kids, and hope to be able to see them happy and healthy in their new facilities (blind hope, despite the current realities). I hope many of the kids can head home, like the twins and Daria, that some of the kids with medical issues can come to the States for special care (Raul, Celine, etc), and that the aides will be able to find work in the new facilities... I'm so porud of the work you are doing, Caroline...

Love,

Tata

Maps of China said...

I am posting a link to your blog on my Facebook and I hope more awareness will equal more prayers and a better solution for all of you. Thank you for the work you do and for the love you give to the children.

Mommy said...

Hi Caroline,
I will be keeping you, all the babies and those who care for them and love them in my heart and in my prayers Sunday , and every day.
Keep up the good work!

Cindy said...

Caroline,
My heart is just aching and full of prayers for all the beautiful children and friends at the clinic.

yokoot said...

you know i'm prayin' everyday and thinking of you guys every moment. i'm so glad that you are there. wish i could be there to help!!

KHM said...

Yes, I will stop and pray. This translates to9PM west coast time. I'll be with you.

Diane F. said...

Count me in for prayers 7 p.m. Sunday as well as for prayers each day.
All of us who have volunteered at the clinic wish we could be present to surround the children, staff, families, community and other volunteers with our hearts and our arms. Whenever I am fearful I try to say to myself "Let it unfold" and trust in my maker that seemingly bad things will be made into not so bad things - maybe even good things!

Desert Lily said...

I will pray too...and I'll post on Facebook.

Winnie furman said...

My hope and prayers are with the children whom I will never forget. I had Petre as an infant-He is now so handsome. Love to you all
Winnie

Terri McCarter said...

Caroline, Just wanted to let you know that my entire church (First Methodist Church in Pigeon Forge, TN) prayed for the babies, staff, and Tutova Clinic at noon today! It was fabulous! We will continue to pray!
Love,
Terri

Jo Ann F. said...

Caroline, please send my love and prayers to all "our babies" as well as the staff and volunteers. I was very sad to hear about the closing of the clinic. I can't believe it has now been two years since my time there! Sometimes it feels like yesterday. Good luck with everything and please tell Mihala and Dan I think of them often.

Jo Ann

Winnie said...

The prayers are coming your way. From California to N.Y. to Fl. to Valleyfield Q.C. Canada and beyond. A sunday School class in Vidor Texas is praying for our children, Inmates in a Fl DOC facility are praying, Members of the Judicial Circuit I work in are praying, a mother of a newborn and a Great Great Grandmother.
We are not alone in our Prayers.
Love you and Tata and hope you have a blast at the sleepover.

Marjorie said...

Oh Caroline, I am so sad to hear this! I know your heart must be breaking. We are praying!!!