Monday, February 8, 2010

Update 2/3/10















This morning Cora and I rode to the hospital with Dan and all the donations. We had an interesting experience at the gate involving Dan, 5 maintenance men, and a passerby trying to un-freeze the lock. They used their hands, one man’s hat, a lighter, burning paper, some sort of fire ball on a hanger, ethel alcohol, and a eventually a pointy hammer and a saw. By the time we got in we had missed bottle time, so we just got to playing. I started in the back sick room, then went to the non-mobile room for the rest of the morning. Dr. Delia came over to tell me that Ionut would be at the hospital at least another week, and that Roxana would be leaving the next day for cleft surgery. After lunch we rested, then went back over to the clinic in time for the next bottle. The mobiles were all in pre-school, so we worked with the non-mobiles and sick children. I held little Roxana most of the afternoon knowing that she was leaving for surgery the next day; she even helped me quickly check my email on the clinic computer! After diaper time I went to visit Andrei in isolation for a while, and he was very smiley. I held Roxana for the rest of the time, but she screamed for the last hour we were there, including while I tried to feed her. We all think she knew that something was going on (her leaving the next day). We headed back to the hotel for a dinner of soy snitel, with lots of ketchup, and mashed potatoes. I went to bed at about 8, as I have not had a good night of sleep yet.

1 comment:

mommy said...

Soy snitel??? Really??? That's a new one!!!