Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Update 2/9

I spent the whole day today with Victor and Ionut in the isolation room. I figured that I should spend as much time as possible with them this week, since next week will be crazier with only three volunteers. It was so nice to spend time with Ionut, as he had just returned from the hospital. He and Victor are both on antibiotics, which is why they are quarantined together. Ionut has chronic mystery infections (mostly UTIs), and we were told today that Victor was born with multiple blood infections. Both boys also have CP and brain damage, as well as assorted other problems. In the morning I carried both of them around, and let them watch it snowing out the window. In the afternoon I dressed Ionut in a fleece suit I had brought for him from home, and put him in a vibrating bouncy seat, so he was happier. I fed both of them, and carried around Victor as he was fussy. At the end of the day I put Ionut in his crib and Victor in the bouncy seat, then went to see some of the other kids. I first visited the respiratory infection isolation room, and they were all much happier today (Andrei, Daniela, Celine, and Alina) until it was time for bed! Then I went to the non-mobiles and cuddled with Denisa for a while. We had to leave early as we were going to Barlad to dinner, so the kids went to bed before bottle time. We had pizza at the Alona for dinner, then stopped at the grocery store on the way back to the hotel.

Andrei


Alina


Marius

Daniela

Sammy

Denisa

Roxana

Petre

Petre

No comments: