Monday, February 8, 2010

Update 2/5/10



















This morning when we arrived we found out that Ion had been taken to the hospital just before our arrival. He had been having trouble breathing the day before, so I assume it had gotten worse. I started off in the isolation room and fed Victor his morning bottle. Then I went to the non-mobile and spent some time with Cristi, Gabriela, Daniela, Petre, the twins, Alina, Ema, and Roxana. There was a surprise visit from Ema’s dad mid-morning, and I got to change her clothes and present her to him. Her parents do not currently have rights to her, but they still have visiting rights. For lunch they served fish, heads and everything, which was very entertaining. In the afternoon we mixed some non-mobiles and mobiles in the little playroom, and they all had a good time. Isolation rooms keep changing, but at this point all non-mobiles are out of isolation (other than new baby Victor).

1 comment:

K. said...

They serve fish heads at Mercy's orphanage in Uganda too. I saw a video of a little girl eating it...eww. I am so glad you made it there safely. God bless your time there!
Kim