Monday, February 8, 2010

Update 2/6-2/7














We all stayed in Tutova this weekend. On Saturday morning some people went to Barlad to go to the open market, while others of us stayed at the hotel to relax. In the afternoon most of us went to the clinic. First we split kids in the two playrooms (I had Cristi, Gabby, Marius, Ema, and Andreea in the big playroom), but then we put some of them in walkers, and brought the rest in the little playroom. On Sunday we went to the clinic in the morning and worked mostly with the non-mobiles. They were a little fussy, but mostly happy to be out of their cribs. We were there in time for two bottles and a baby food snack. I hadn’t changed any diapers until today, but I definitely made up for that! I changed all but one non-mobile, most soaked through and poopy (I think they’d been that way a while). We also changed a bunch of outfits that had gotten dirty or smelly over the weekend. At the end of the visit I went to visit Victor, and the nurse wanted me to feed him, but his bottle nipple only had a pinhole in it, so I had to tear the hole bigger with my fingers, He can’t really eat while sleeping, and he doesn’t stay awake long, so it took a long time. The rest of the group walked back to the hotel, but I waited until after feeding Victor, and got back just in time for lunch. In the afternoon most of us rested, and Karen went on a walk and back to the clinic. When Karen was leaving the clinic, Celine’s mom and grandma were visiting and had brought some new toys for her. It was a pretty slow weekend with no internet at the hotel, but at dinner tonight the manager’s daughter (who speaks English) told us it will be on tomorrow, maybe in the afternoon, though we’re not holding our breath….

1 comment:

Ericka said...

Hi Caroline,
Praying for strength for you sweet girl.
Many, many hugs!
Ericka