Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day Fifteen (3/15)

Another quiet day today. I got up around nine and went over to the restaurant for breakfast. They seem to be confused about the fact that we come whatever time we want, and that we don't come together, so they put out breakfast for David too even though he wasn't there. After breakfast I watched some more t.v. episodes. Then I took a shower and did some laundry. Unfortunately the plug for my sink got stuck all the way in so my sink no longer drains (I'll have to ask them about that tomorrow). Then I watched some movies and snacked until six when I went back to the restaurant for dinner. I filled out some more of the childrens' journals while I waited. I had a grilled chicken breast and french fries with parmesan cheese tonight. Now I am back in my room trying to figure out skype and watching ABC t.v. shows. Tomorrow will be back to the babies and back to the normal schedule.

**FYI to future volunteers: bring a flashlight!! It is necessary for the walk to the clinic every night (there aren't street lights most of the way and the path is bumpy). It is also useful in the hotel for if the power goes out or for a reading light in one of the double rooms (there are only reading lights in the single rooms).

No comments: