Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day Five

Today the volunteers and the babies were really tired. Most of the non-mobiles napped in the morning so I was able to visit Maria in isolation. I worked with Cristi on standing (with somersaults as rewards) and sitting up with Gabriela. The babies were fussier than usual about their bottles too. I changed one super poopy diaper, Gabriela’s, and she put her hand in it which made things much more difficult. In the afternoon they were even more tired, Marius lay on my chest while I lay on the floor and rocked Gabby in the rainforest chair for about half the time. Dan said he thought Marius had a fever, which was why he was lethargic. After that I held little Andreea and played with Gabriela. Luckily, most of the kids’ colds seem to be getting better. Tonight we went to Barlad for dinner with Dan and Delia. We also went to the travel agent to set up our trip for the weekend. Tomorrow we will only have a half day at the clinic before the trip. Hopefully after the weekend some of our other babies will be back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend trip and get some much needed rest. Hope you and the babies are feeling much better soon. We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Caroline, you are so brave! You are doing such good work!! I can't tell you how much I admire you and how sure I am that you have a gift that will reach far beyond this one orphanage . . . you inspire me and give me hope . . . love, Sidney