Friday, March 6, 2009

Day Six (again)

So, apparently there is wireless internet at the hotel in Iasi, I'm glad I brought my laptop! We took the fast train from Barlad to Iasi, leaving at around 5. There was one other person in our car, and he was a high school student from outside Bucharest. He spoke a lot of English, we talked to him to pass the time. When we got to Iasi we found a taxi to our hotel, and surprisingly were not ripped off. Then we wandered until we found somewhere for dinner. The food was really good, but it was SO smokey. I already have a pretty bad cold, so the smoke was painful. Then we talked back to our hotel for the night. The neighborhood is a bit sketchy, but there is a stern looking security guard downstairs, so it seems safe. The travel agent assured us many times that it is "two stars, but clean" haha. Tomorrow we will meet our guide, Radu, and go to the monasteries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline,
Glad to hear you made it to Lasi and that you found food. Hope you feel batter soon. I think you were sick last time we were there,too. Enjoy the monasteries; maybe you can buy some eggs! And, I can't believe you are actually going to Moldova. Are you seeing anything special or just getting another passport stamp? Take good care of yourself. I love you,
Mommy