Friday, March 6, 2009

Day Six

When we got to the clinic this morning there were many poopy diapers to be changed. I think I’ve changed more poopy diapers this week than in both the others trips I’ve made to Tutova combined, and with no wipes! We had Pusa in our room for most of the morning, which was a lot of fun. She is really funny, and loves going in the baby swings. She’s also very motherly, and strapped a little stuffed animal into a swing and took care of it like a baby. She has become my little friend, and follows me around and always wants me to play with her. Since she came when she was older, she is usually kept separate, but today she hung out in our playroom. The babies didn’t like their bottles as much today, but then cried a lot because they were hungry. Marius and Cristi are two containers of baby food though. It is weird, there hasn’t been any yogurt at all this week, maybe next week… Our babies were being mellow, so I went in to visit Maria, and got to feed her a bottle. It was a big bottle, and she ate it really fast, I had a hard time trying to burp her though because they wouldn’t let me pick her up. In the beginning of the week they didn’t care if I picked her up, but the aide today said no for some reason. Then I took one non-mobile at a time to visit the mobile room so I could play with some of the older children. Sammy was having some hair pulling issues, so we had to out him out in a walker for a while. Ionella and Ioana love to cuddle and pose for pictures. And on another note, I only got thrown up on once today! We will be leaving soon for our weekend trip, so I will update again when we get back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Caroline, my name is Sally Norton. I was at the clinic from Jan. 17th to Feb, 14 2009 - my second time to the clinic. I am enjoying your pictures and commentary. I am wondering if there is a liitle girl named Gina-Mihaela still at the clinic? She is only a few months old and has only one fully formed limb. She was in isolation when I first came, then was out and then back in. I have not seen her mentioned in your commentaries.
You should enjoy your excursion with Radu. He is an excellent guide.

Sally Norton

Caroline said...

Unfortunately, Gina Mihaela passed away right before we got to the clinic, so about two weeks ago now. They didn't seem to know the exact cause.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Caroline, for responding to my question. I was afraid when you mentioned that a baby in isolation had passed away just before you arrived that it was Gina. Poor little thing. Enjoy your time there. I was there for two weeks the first time and 4 weeks this time. I became so much more attached with the longer time. I think about the children all the time. give them all a kiss for me.